FastGro Synthetic, Animal Free, Chemically Defined FBS Replacement
FastGro allows culturing cells in vitro without the use of serum and without any animal or human derived compound. FastGro is a fully defined additive, avoiding the need for serum, for a wide range of cell culture practices. Since FastGro is chemically defined it avoids lot-to-lot variations. All components in FastGro are highly purified and identified chemical compounds.
FastGro is available in 100 mL and 500 mL package size.
Culturing cells in a FastGro enriched medium represents a number of benefits as compared to conventional FBS enriched media.
- Due to its chemically defined nature there are no lot-to-lot variations. This skips the need for testing new batches of serum.
- There is no interference of unknown serum compounds in your research.
- Since it doesn't contain hormones nor cytokines it doesn't bias your research data.
- FastGro is save in use, since it doesn't contain animal or human derived materials.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator. No need for thawing before use.
FastGro is easy to use:
Just add FastGro to your culture medium as you do with FBS (usually 10%). To shift from FBS containing media to FastGro containing medium we advise to follow the step-by-step weaning of the cells.
Examples of cells which have successfully been cultured on FastGro enriched medium:
- Liver epithelial cells
- Primary human hepatocytes
- HEP G2
- Human keratinocytes
Cell culture media supplement
Research Use Only (RUO). Ready for CE IVD labeling of clinical applications.
|Application Notes||Cell culture media supplement|
|Physical Appearance||Light opalescent liquid|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
|Storage and Handling||Store at 2-8 deg C|
|Usage Statement||Research Use Only (RUO). Ready for CE IVD labeling of clinical applications.|